Woody Valley Libero Hang Gliding Harness
– Only 4 kg including carabiner and backpack
– Takes up little space and compact backpack
– Comfortable and easy in flight and in take-off and landing maneuvers
– Only 4 adaptable and adjustable main sizes
– There are no rigid parts on the back, but only 4 small ones tubes
– Titanal carabiner weighing only 76 g
– Radio and accessory pocket on the opposite side of the parachute
– Integrated container for braking parachute
– Attachment slots for aerial towing or winch.
– Replaceable foot bottom protection
– Internal pocket for hang glider and Camelbak bags
– Two large side pockets accessible from the outside
– Cord with cleat to adjust flight inclination
– Completely interchangeable external fabric, mounted with Velcro
– DHV test 120 kg at 9 g
The reserve parachute connection strap is directly sewn onto the base of the harness, in the shoulder area, like on our Tenax 4.
This system is now well-tested in real emergencies that have occurred over the years: in the event of the parachute opening, the pilot is pulled upwards and the impact with the ground is considerably absorbed by the hang glider.
To keep the weight down we abandoned heavy fabrics such as Cordura and used the lighter ones used on paragliding harnesses. The back part made of reinforced lycra makes Libero aesthetically pleasing, improves the fit and offers more elasticity to the back pocket for objects, making it easier to store the bags. The basic color of the harness is BLACK. You can choose the colors of the side stripes from those available: red, turquoise, orange, lime green, white, blue and grey.
Libero was made with the same system as our Tenax 4, the base of the harness with the parachute pockets and the entire harness are separated from the external skin, which is assembled completely with Velcro.
This allows for easy cleaning, repair and/or replacement of all external fabric.
The bottom of the foot
The new footbed specifically designed to reduce the weight and bulk of the harness. It comes with modular thicknesses of 6 cm, so you can adapt the harness to different sizes without having to stretch the shoulder straps too much.
We managed to make Libero very compact, thus allowing us to create a backpack that is not bulky and comfortable to carry.